We were so happy to see so many of you at Back to School Night! If you missed it, please contact the teachers to receive any specific classroom information that was shared. Reminder, Monday is an Orientation Day for students who are new to their classroom. The day ends at 1:00 and we will host carpool beginning at 12:55. Students should pack a lunch and bring a full, reusable water bottle! Label everything! Upper school students should also bring a snack.
School for all students will resume on Tuesday under normal operating hours.
I am reposting the following housekeeping items:
- Subscribe to emails via the website. This is the only way to receive EVERY piece of communication. Go to seapinesmontessori.com. Look at the bottom of the home page. Click, “Subscribe to SPMA News by Email.” Enter your email address, and then confirm your subscription in the automatically generated email that you receive in your inbox.
- Call and/or email the office to report absences and illnesses. email@example.com 785-2534
- Share communicable disease diagnoses with the office and teachers so that notices can be made to families. This aids us in preventing the spread of illnesses. Adhere to the school wellness policy.
- Turn in your enrollment forms. They are due on Monday!
- Uniforms should be worn Monday-Thursday in Primary through Middle School. Be sure to visit the uniform swap table in the lobby- currently accepting more gently worn, clean pieces!
- Please stay in your vehicle during carpool unless you are requested by a staff member to help with your child(ren). Drive slowly in the parking lot. Stay off cell phones. It is safer for fewer people to be navigating the vehicles and creates consistency in our carpool routine. Feel free to park and walk in if you are not comfortable. When walking up to the foyer during carpool, use the ramp. Avoid the stairs.
- Arriving on time is key! Note, all classroom interior doors will lock after morning arrival. Anyone arriving tardy will have to check in with the office and wait for an administrator to call down to the classroom.
- Dismissal times are 12:55-1:15 pm and 2:55-3:15 pm. We offer carpool at these times only. Please stop at both STOP signs. Do not block the thru traffic of exiting parents as you pull up for carpool. Unless raining, we service three cars, beginning at the STOP sign. Anyone arriving after those carpool times end will receive a late assessment.
Feel free to find me in the lobby each morning, and again in the office each afternoon for ANYTHING. The office, 843-785-2534, can also schedule personal appointments throughout the week. Additionally, you may reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a wonderful weekend!
Head of School
P.S. We anticipate tears during the course of the next two weeks AND it is okay! We promise to call you if your child continues to be upset during the course of the morning. We want the school experience to be a positive one for the whole family.