I hope that all of you are safely at your destination by now, or if choosing to stay behind, are well-prepared. The governor did issue a mandatory evacuation [beginning at 10:00am this morning] of our barrier islands.
We are so thankful for the change in Irma’s cone, though the feeling is bittersweet since it only means that some other beautiful city will heed the brunt. Hilton Head Island is not quite out the woods as we will have to wait and see if/how the wind, rain, storms, surge etc. affects us.
At this time, SPMA will be closed on Tuesday, September 12 and Wednesday, September 13 to allow time to assess the school, for staff to return, and for families to unpack. It is quite possible that we will close for additional days, which will be decided no later than Tuesday afternoon.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all Floridians as they await Hurricane Irma.
Continue to be safe!
Head of School