Join us in the lobby at 8:30 am or 2:00 pm for the first meeting of the year!
We are happy to hold several optional screenings throughout the school year. Typically, we host speech, vision, and hearing screenings. If there are any other screenings that you are interested in seeing hosted at SPMA, please let us know.
Our first optional screening for speech will be held on Thursday, September 22. Information on local speech therapist, Nicole Roberts, has been posted below. The sign-up forms will be sent home on Friday afternoon. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to her at nicoleroberts111 [at] gmail[dot]com
Thank you so much for adhering to our parking lot requests! It has certainly been a smooth, safer week for us! Here are a few reminders:
- Call and/or email the office to report absences and illnesses. office [at] spma[dot]com and 785-2534.
- Turn in your emergency forms. Students who do not have necessary forms can not attend school. This is a liability to you and SPMA, and a violation of DSS laws.
- Uniforms should be worn Monday-Thursday in Primary through Middle School. If you would like an additional copy of the uniform policy, please contact the office.
- It is crucial that sick children remain at home. This includes 24 hours after fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. Remember that a behavioral change is usually the first sign of illness. A low grade (99.5°F) plus general malaise, runny nose, and/or headache, etc. means that a day of rest would be helpful, with an assessment after 24 hours. Thank you for your help with this!
- Please stay in your vehicle during carpool unless you are requested by a staff member to help with your child(ren). It is safer for fewer people to be navigating the vehicles and creates consistency in our carpool routine. Feel free to park and walk in if you are not comfortable. If you are walking up to the carpool benches, please use the long sidewalk/ramp. This keeps the stairs clear for teachers and carpoolers.
Feel free to find me in the lobby each morning, and again in the office each afternoon for ANYTHING. The office can also schedule personal appointments throughout the week. Additionally, you may reach me directly at melindacotter [at] spma[dot]com. Have a wonderful weekend!